Ingredients :- 3/4 cup treacle
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated raw carrot
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped cashew nuts
Ingredients :- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
Method :1. Beat the eggs well in a mixing bowl . Add the treacle and oil and beat till combined . Add flour , grated carrot , baking soda, chopped cashew and cinnamon. Mix well till all ingredients are well combined.
2. Pour the mixture into a prepared cake pan ( approx. 8" x 8") and bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees C for approximately 45 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes. then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool
3. To make the topping put all ingredients into a bowl and beat together for 3-4 minutes until completely smooth. Remember - the cream cheese has to be at room temperature before you start beating or else the topping will be lumpy and you dont want that!
4. When the cake is completely cool , move it to a serving platter. Spread the topping over the smoothly . Decorate with more strips of orange zest and cut into chunky pieces . Relish !