Ingredients :- 6 large chicken thighs with skin and bones
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 4 medium unpeeled yukon gold potatoes , scrubbed, cut into 2- inch thick spears
- 3 medium carrots , peeled , cut into 2- inch spears.
Method :1. Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit. coat large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tbsp oil. place the chicken on baking sheet. turn to coat with oil and set skin side up. mix salt, thyme, 1 1/2 tsp pepper and nutmeg in a small bowl . sprinkle half of mixture over chicken.
2. Roast until the chicken starts to brown and some fats has rendered , about 30 minutes . meanwhile , combine potatoes, carrots , 2 tbsp oil in large bowl. transfer thighs to medium bowl ; turn to coat with drippings roast until vegetables soften , 30 minutes. place thighs on vegetables ;
3. pour accumulated juices from chicken over . return sheet to oven . roast until chicken is cooked and vegetables brown, 15 minutes longer